Another valuable strategy to transmute limiting beliefs and eliminate emotional blocks when you don’t even know what they are is the use of affirmations. When you feel bad and don’t know why, you can usually at the very least put a label on your emotion (anger, worry, doubt, fear, resentment, etc.). Once you’ve got that “label” then you can simply insert that word that describes what you’re feeling into the proper affirmation to release and transmute it into a positive feeling.
The key is to always release the disempowering emotion or feeling or limiting belief and then Re-Align with your Higher Self and Re-Focus your attention. This highly effective strategy that accomplishes both things simultaneously is the use of what I call “Power Affirmations.” Charles Haanel, author of the famous Master Key System (the program Bill Gates supposedly read prior to creating the operating system for the PC and launching Microsoft) would prescribe affirmations to his students in order that they might direct their minds purposely.
Many people said that Haanel was very advanced in his thinking because he taught that thoughts and words are creative energy, which automatically correlate with their object and manifest it because thought is spiritual energy. He said that prosperity was the result of right or creative thinking and poverty was the result of negative or destructive thinking.
Haanel gave people this affirmation and told them to say it first thing every morning and last thing before going to sleep at night and as many times as possible throughout the day, “I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, prosperous and happy.” I have used this affirmation for years and it is very powerful.
He said that every negative thought or word is destructive and must not be allowed to enter your mind or be expressed in words. Every thought of weakness is opposed to strength and should be put out of mind by saying, “I am strong and powerful” and every thought of disease or sickness is opposed to wholeness and perfect health and should be eliminated by declaring, “I am whole and perfect.” He stated that to know this law and live in harmony with it was to build prosperity on a rock-hard foundation, which nothing could destroy.
Dr. Emille Coue became famous for many remarkable cures in his clinic in France by simply suggesting to the patient that the power of healing lies within the patient himself. The secret of success in this treatment was to create confidence in the conscious mind that what it repeats with feeling is accepted by the subconscious mind and is transformed by it into reality, forming a permanent element (belief) that will continue to automatically produce congruent results. The primary affirmation he taught all of his patients was, “Every day in every way, I’m getting better and better.” This powerful all encompassing affirmation later became one of the foundations of Dr. Jose Silva’s world famous, “Silva Mind Control,” which has changed the lives of millions of people.
If you’re one of those people that think affirmations don’t work it’s probably because you’re actually repeating negative words and thoughts, which are actually negative affirmations, more consistently than positive ones. The average person has over 70,000 thoughts per day and over 90% of them are the same thoughts day after day. What people don’t realize is that a repeated thought becomes a declaration of truth to the subconscious mind. If it’s a negative thought, it’s a negative affirmation that must produce its physical equivalent. For most people this is an unconscious process and they simply are not aware what they’re thinking, when they’re thinking it or how often they are thinking it!
I use affirmations to remind me of who I am and the unlimited potential I have within me. They build my faith and give me strength to continually move forward towards my dreams because they are universal truth.
To get really practical, let’s talk about how to use Power Affirmations in everyday situations to produce positive results. Go back to the previous example in last week’s article about the business meeting where you were slighted by your associate and felt anger, resentment and fear of rejection. Here are several Power Affirmations you could say to yourself:
- I give the burden of my ____________ (anger, fear, hatred, etc.) over to the Divine Mind within me and I go free to enjoy the success, peace, wealth and happiness that are mine by Divine Right.
- The long arm of God reaches out over people and conditions, controlling this situation, protecting my interests and delivering me my highest good.
- God is the only power and presence operating here and guides me and prospers me in everything I do.
These affirmations would work even more powerfully in the moment when also combined with the Simple Release Technique you learned previously.
Let’s say that you are having financial difficulties and are stressed about paying your mortgage or your bills, etc. Your main focus is to impress your mind with the idea of abundance, which is really part of your birthright. These affirmations will allow you to accomplish that:
- God is my unlimited source and supply. Therefore, I have an abundant supply of money and always have a Divine surplus.
- By day and by night I am being prospered in all of my interests.
- Every day in every way I’m getting wealthier and wealthier.
- My sales are improving every day. I am progressing, advancing and getting wealthier every day.
- I cast this burden of fear of lack on the Super-conscious mind within me and I go free to enjoy the wealth, riches and lavish abundance that are mine by Divine Right.
Suppose you disliked you job or had issues with your boss or your business was on the rocks and you wanted the right business, job, or situation. You might use one of these affirmations:
- The Divine Plan for my life is a perfect idea in Divine Mind, which is irrefutable, incorruptible and invincible and is now manifesting in my physical life.
- I am now rapidly expanding into the Divine Plan for my life and am enjoying perfect self-expression.
- God’s invincible power sweeps all before it and I ride its mighty waves into my promised land.
- I expect the miraculous and it happens now. My seemingly impossible good has come to pass.
If the problem is a health issue, you might use one of the following:
- My body is a perfect idea in Divine Mind and therefore is whole and perfect.
- Divine Order is established in my mind, body and affairs.
- Every day in every way I’m getting healthier and healthier.
- I cast this burden of ____________ (whatever your issue is) on my God-self within me and I go free to enjoy perfect wholeness and Divine health.
In all cases, the key is to repeat these affirmations of truth with deep feeling over and over. Remember, what you are doing is impressing the subconscious mind with these suggestions through repetition and deep feeling. Another very important aspect is to say these phrases right before going to sleep at night so that your subconscious (which never sleeps) is working to produce them in your life while your conscious mind is sleeping.
In closing today I’ll share a series of affirmations that I began using when I was still broke and in debt but working on my burning desire to be a millionaire:
- I am an individualization of God.
- God is my unlimited, source, substance and supply; therefore I am wealthy and always have a Divine Surplus.
- I can do all things through the Christ within me, which is my power, and everything I do succeeds.
- I am a multi-millionaire. I am financially free and debt free.
- I have a reliable fast growing income of over $1 million per year.
- I have the fastest growing marketing organization in the world.
- I am helping thousands of people become financially free with my success principles and my businesses.
I would combine these with the Power Affirmations I taught you before to release doubt, fear and worry and stay focused on my dreams. This one is especially powerful for most problems or fears that can arise in any area:
- I give the burden of my ____________ (fear of failure, fear of lack, anger, sadness, hatred, etc.) over to the Divine Mind within me and I go free to enjoy the perfect self-expression, success, peace, wealth, abundance and happiness that are mine by Divine Right.
Within a few short years using these affirmations I had transformed my mindset and had accomplished all of my goals and then some. This is the power of affirmations!
As your assignment today, I’d like you to take several of your emotional blocks and release them using Power Affirmations. Also create some of your own affirmations based on your goals and dreams to focus your attention on them consistently. The more you use this highly effective strategy the easier it will be for let go of any emotion that is limiting you and direct your thoughts to achieve what you desire to be, do and have!
Please leave me your comments and questions below and share this post with everyone you care about. In the next couple of weeks I’ll be launching a “Live TV Show” online that will address your problems and life issues so you can really learn how to take your life to a whole new level.
Please become a partner in my empowerment community at http://facebook.com/carlosmarinlive and promote it to everyone you love and care about. Also help me promote my TV Show to all the world so we can transform the lives of millions of people. The world needs YOU and your contribution so we can help millions of people raise their belief level and be free! God bless and live your passion!