People are always talking about success. How to be successful in business or have a successful relationship or marriage or succeeding at losing weight or being leaner or having financial success or even successfully managing our feelings and emotions. But have you ever thought about what success actually is?
Let’s start with… How would you define success? People define it many different ways. However, over the past 30 years, I have found this to be a very valuable definition as it relates to business, financial and personal success:
“Success is the progressive realization of worthwhile goals, ideals and objectives.”
I find it ironic that so many people have never taken the time to sit down and truly figure out what they want out of life. Those same people would never build a house without having an architect design it according to their likes and dislikes. They would spend months in the process of making changes until they got it exactly the way they wanted it. But, ask them to design their own life and they look at you like you’re crazy.
In the past you may have heard about a study done in one of the Ivy League Universities in the 1950s where a survey of the graduating class found that only 10% of the class had goals for the future and only 3% had them written down with a date for their achievement.
When they interviewed the graduates twenty years later, they found that the 3% with written goals were worth more than the other 97% combined!
Over 29 years ago I learned a simple formula that had helped many people achieve great levels of success. This formula was made up of four simple steps:
1. Define your dream
2. Get a vehicle
3. Make a plan of action
4. Take massive action
It took me a while to really apply it correctly of it, but in five years I had mastered the formula and was a millionaire. I had also overcome a lot of limiting beliefs and a poor self-image. Learning the formula was one thing, but mastering myself and my beliefs was the key ingredient in my success.
That was just the beginning. I took my frustration in learning and mastering the formula to dig deeper into the principles behind it so I could teach it to others. Through my studies and practical application I’ took the foundation and expanded and clarified it using Universal Principles to create a system so powerful, that if followed consistently is infallible and will produce whatever you desire in life!
Let me explain something that will help you to better understand and use this principle-based formula to produce real-world results.
We are all at a certain point in our lives today—let’s call it Point A. Now, most people are not totally satisfied where they are right now and some are downright disgusted. I’m not saying we are not grateful for the good things we have but everyone wants more, right?
So we’re at point A, but where do we want to be—lets just call it Point B.
The $24 million question is, how do we get from Point A, where we are now, to Point B where we’d really like to be?
I call it the Ultimate Success Formula.
In reality, anyone who has ever attained anything great in life has used a version of this formula knowingly or unknowingly because it is the key to accomplishing anything in your life from material success to creating the body you desire to finding your ideal mate.
Over the past thirty years as I’ve worked with people, I’ve tested and refined the four-step formula I originally learned and expanded it into an eight-step prescription for reaching your full potential. In order to become truly successful and achieve all the riches you desire in every area of life you must:
1. Own Your Life. Take 100% responsibility for your life and everything in it. Purposely decide who you’re committed to be in this world and create your own ideal self-concept or Identity.
2. Define Your Desires. Know exactly what it is that you want. In other words, clearly define your Point B.
3. Establish Your Intentions. Totally commit to achieving your dreams. Convert your desires into intentions.
4. Discover Your Blocks. What has, is or could be stopping you from having what you desire? Discover your negative programs, limiting beliefs, and negative memories.
5. Get Clear and Re-Align. Identify and eliminate all counter intentions by releasing negative energy, memories and feelings and transmuting limiting beliefs.
6. Make a Plan of Action. Figure out what you have to do to get where you want and create a flexible plan of action.
7. Take inspired action. Take inspired action. If your plan isn’t working, adjust according to results. Plans change, dreams don’t!
8. Be It! Act as though you already are, have and do that which you previously desired.
The two Optional Steps (which to me are not really optional because you’d be foolish not to use them) are:
9. Get a Mentor. Find someone who has already achieved what you would like in your life and model them.
10. Use a System. Follow a pattern that breaks things down into chunks that you can learn and act upon more easily and you will succeed quicker.
In our next video we will actually get into putting the Formula to work to get what you desire in your life and make 2012 your best year ever! Until then…
Please leave me your comments and questions below and share this post with everyone you care about. Also become a partner in my empowerment community at http://facebook.com/carlosmarinlive and promote it to everyone you love and care about so we can help millions of people raise their consciousness and get free in 2012! God bless and live your passion
Do you ever wonder why it seems so hard to get yourself to do the things you need to do to succeed? Or why it’s so hard to change a bad habit? It almost seems like there’s another one of “me” that wants to do things their way instead of doing what I want to do, right?